3 Steps to Create an Emergency Communication Plan
Three Steps for Creating an Emergency Communication Plan
- Collect Important Contact Information
- Phone numbers for everyone in the household.
- Email addresses for everyone in the household in case the phone service is unavailable.
- Contact info for a friend or family member that lives out-of-town.
- Phone numbers for emergency services such as medical providers or veterinarians.
- Create Emergency Plans for Different Locations
- Create an emergency plan for common locations like school, childcare, work and home.
- How will you contact one another?
- How will you meet up with your family (driving, walking, who will pick up the children)?
- Where will you meet inside the neighborhood? Outside of the neighborhood? Outside of your town?
- Share the Plan With Your Family
- Make sure everyone in your family is aware of the communication plan.
- Make copies for each member of the family to carry in their wallet, purse or backpack. Post a copy in your home.
- Enter emergency phone numbers into all family members’ mobile phones.
- Review and update the plan at least once per year.